Even a most biased enthusiast of Gulf of Thailand may admit that the best places to dive in Thailand are at the west coast of the country, in the Andaman Sea for pure diving reasons. There can be some extremely awesome experiences when you are diving from Koh Tao or even Koh Chang. But due to the depths of the water, clarity and marine life, diving in the Similan Island or other diving areas of Andaman Sea diving areas is consistently better.
Places in Thailaind to scuba dive
- On the west of Thailand, there are two major areas where the liveaboard diving boats sail around, even the full of enthusiastic divers will love to see something special. If you are looking for best dive trips in Thailand west and north-west of the Khao Lak and south of the Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta. West part of Khao Lak’s Tab Lamu is a renowned Similan island archipelago. Eight major islands and number of islets are home to over twenty beautiful dive sites, with beautiful slopping coral reefs or the granite rock formations.
- To the northeast or the Similan Island and northwest of Tab Lamu, there is Richelieu Rock, Koh Tachai, Koh Bon that was known as the best diving spots of Thailand. These places are best for the divers who love to dive in the clear water and want to see the beautiful sea life with large pelagic fish species.
- The third best area to enjoy the best dive trips in Thailand is the southeast of Phuket and the south of Koh Lanta. Hin Daeng and Koh Haa make a good alternative to the liveaboard diving in the Similan Island and the northern sites of the place.
- Similan Islands are uninhabited. There are few park rangers who stay at the place to protect the national park. One or two islands are owned privately by the royal family of Thailand and there are few bungalows and tents for the tourists who want to enjoy scuba diving there.
- One of the best things to enjoy diving in Thailand is that even new divers are welcome here to join in on the fun. Most of the instructors are PADI certified and can speak English very well. Those who are quite new to the exciting world of diving in Thailand will get a training session also before getting wet. Most of the companies also show videos to the divers that what they will find in the watery underworld before getting set up for diving.